Visionary: KW Military’s Levi Rodgers Shares the Lessons That Translate from Army to Business
As the leader of the recently introduced KW Military segment, Levi Rodgers has his function slash out for him. “I will be spearheading the educational and recruitment endeavours supporting our military,” Rodgers shares. “I come to feel that internally, we have a responsibility to the brokers at Keller Williams to ensure that they not only have accessibility to, but acquire best-in-course army emphasis schooling, so they can greater provide the military and veteran clientele that are out below entrusting them with a substantial fiscal final decision.”
As a veteran himself (extremely decorated and obtaining served in the U.S. Army Unique Forces), Rodgers is intensely in tune with the military services local community and its exclusive requires. The chief, who survived an improvised explosive machine that remaining him seriously wounded and the sole survivor amid those people traveling in his vehicle, has amassed a prosperity of expertise during his time in the military services – knowledge that he has brought entrance and center into his organization, which now provides in involving 10 to 15 new brokers per month.
“Firstly, you have to be equipped to dream big and be a visionary, on the lookout two to 3 decades in advance. Also, you have to permit other folks execute,” he summarizes when asked to explain his management fashion. Below, Rodgers shares the armed service lessons that he carries each day into his business and job as KW Military’s director.
Linked reading through: KW Army Director Joins Keller Williams Together with $940M Group
Strategies to Guide Your Actual Estate Platoon to Victory
- Never ever leave your folks behind. 1 of the most important classes the military has taught Rodgers is to never ever leave a teammate powering. Each and every day, he wears a bracelet with the name of the 4 males that had been misplaced in the explosive product attack as a reminder of this. “If you translate that to true estate, we are not combating a war, but we have teammates that rely on us. I will be broke and homeless just before leaving my workforce guiding.”
Have a meal at an military foundation, and you will observe that whilst standing in line to get food stuff, the highest ranking human being will be very last in line. For Rodgers, the strategy is the identical in real estate. “I never feed myself to start with. I feed my men and women 1st,” he shares. “My men and women are normally likely to have organization due to the fact I make that a priority.”
- Speak your truth of the matter. Rodgers’ tale carries emotion and resilience. It is also a tale that showcases who he is as a person, chief, and enterprise operator. “Once we put my tale out there, there were being people who could relate and who arrived at out. It started off at the unique genuine estate workplace degree, and it compounded. And now, it has morphed into our brand tale.” When people link with Rodgers, they know they can belief him and the team and society he has assembled – and a essential component of that trust arrives from the vulnerability and bravery to share one’s tale publicly.
- Carry out the right possibility analysis. Rodgers’ army profession introduced lots of risky scenarios. In taking those on, there was a system. “Before doing just about anything, we had a approach to establish if the danger was well worth the reward. That is a quite tactical matter that I have taken from the navy and utilized to my company, making sure that ahead of I consider pitfalls or commit revenue, I carry in my advisory board and we create out the hazards and the benefits.”
- Do not slack on execution. “The types are out there. The essential matter is searching in the mirror and executing,” Rodgers shares. “That is something the military has assisted me with as properly. I’m not afraid of executing and getting calculated dangers.” An significant aspect of executing? One thing Rodgers phone calls tactical persistence. “In a gunfight, at times the ideal thing is not to demand the hill, but to just take a knee driving a rock and reload your publications. That is tactical endurance. For my small business, we did not go all in correct away. We didn’t begin to improve at a quite higher level until finally two years ago.”
- Your workforce is your ship. The military is not the sole space Rodgers attracts inspiration from. He shares, his team is incredibly fond of a cinema basic – Forrest Gump. In the movie, Forrest owned a fishing boat, Jenny, and did all the things he could to keep it in the drinking water. “We simply call our enterprise our Jenny boat,” Rodgers suggests. “Everyone has a duty not to poke holes in the boat, and my task is to steer the ship and assure we stay in the h2o.” For Xmas, the workforce even came together and built a reproduction of the boat by hand!
Remarkable Things Ahead
In advance of signing up for Keller Williams, Rodgers recollects the company’s theme of placing folks very first. He even shares that he had donated to aid efforts put forth by KW Cares. “What excites me the most is the chance to assistance others all-around me. I enjoy this community and its desire to assistance some others acquire,” he says.
“I think it says a whole lot about the management of Keller Williams to not only fund, but put organizational importance on the navy section,” Rodgers claims. “If you appear at Gary Keller, Sajag Patel, Wendi Harrelson, Carl Liebert, Marc King … these individuals have place all their hearts into the KW Armed service phase, and I feel it demonstrates a whole lot of care about this section of the populace.”
For KW Army, this is just the commencing.